WorkSafe Month 2020
WorkSafe Month is the annual safety, health and wellness awareness month, held in October. WorkSafe Month is a time for Tasmanian employers and workers to focus on improving work health, safety, wellbeing and return to work; and reducing work-related injury, illness and death.
WorkSafe Month contributes to the achievement of safer, healthier productive workplaces and aligns with WorkSafe Tasmania’s Strategic Plan 2018-2023:
o Strategy 1: Targeted Harm Reduction: Reducing harm in Tasmanian workplaces
o Strategy 2: Building Culture and Capability: Responding to current and emerging WHS issues
Safe Bodies, Safe Minds
The ‘Safe Bodies, Safe Minds’ theme focuses on the importance of safety, health and wellbeing at work.
The 2020 events program will include:
- a steps for wellness walk in Launceston
- facilitated statewide face to face workshops
- a webinars series
- statewide subsidised training
- a WorkSafe conference in Launceston
- an awards evening in Launceston
The WorkSafe Awards return this year
The WorkSafe Awards recognise outstanding achievement in work health and safety by Tasmanian businesses, organisations and individuals from both the private and public sectors.
They are conducted every two years to:
- promote, encourage and publicly recognise innovation and excellence; and
- influence the Tasmanian community’s attitudes and values towards work health, safety, wellbeing, rehabilitation and return to work; and
- encourage a change to positive behaviours and broader workplace engagement.
Entry for this year’s WorkSafe Awards will open mid-February.
Bookmark this page and follow us on Facebook to stay up to date.