Safety is Everything: Mental Health Awareness Campaign
Can you spot the person who isn’t safe?
The Safety is Everything campaign is about being aware of mental health hazards in the workplace. It asks you to spot the person that isn’t safe in the hopes of ensuring that we are all aware that hazards aren’t just physical.
The Safety is Everything Campaign is an initiative of the WorkCover Tasmania Board and WorkSafe Tasmania. The campaign helps promote the Government’s Healthy Tasmania Five Year Strategic Plan and adds to the delivery of WorkSafe Tasmania’s Strategic Plan 2018-2023 promise to the Tasmanian community of being Safe and Well, Every Day.
The Safety is Everything Campaign aims to:
- Promote awareness of mental health hazards at work
- De-stigmatise mental health conditions at work
- Improve mental health awareness within the Tasmanian community.
- Increase awareness that mental health is a work hazard.
- Encourage workers to talk to a colleague they trust when they are not going so well.
- Increase understanding that mental health issues can affect anyone at work.
- Increase awareness that mental health, just like physical health, is an important part of work health and safety.
Campaign key messages
- Mental health is a work hazard.
- Mental health and wellbeing is an important aspect of work health and safety.
- Mental health and physical health are closely connected, each contributes to overall wellbeing.
- Talking about mental health should be as routine as seeking help for a physical condition.
- Check in on your work colleagues if they’re not going so well.
- Talking with your work colleagues and listening is powerful.
- If you see something, say something.
- Providing a healthy, safe and well workplace benefits all workers. It also makes good business.